Software configuration Engineer - London
Software configuration Engineer - London
SCM, DevOps, JIRA
Worldpay - do you know who we are?
You may or may not know, but billions of money transactions a year are made using our payments processes, whether via a card machine or online. Our systems enable our customers, whether large or small, to process their customer's payments, so they can grow their business. This could be your local supermarket where you do your weekly shop or favourite airline when you book tickets to New York.
We are looking for a Hands-on Engineer in both the NAP DevOps Tooling and Configuration Management disciplines. The role will be expected to perform the typical technical functions e.g. administration of the SCM Tools, enhancements to the Build Process, input to the strategic approach, etc. Additionally, the role will involve day-to-day development activities, issues, workload, etc. for the Software Configuration Management practice. As part of the SCM activities, the role also includes but is not limited to, ensuring all project source materials are maintained within the Source Control library - including software source code and relevant project artefacts and the administration of the Source Control tools providing maintenance and troubleshooting when necessary. The role also involves all stages of DevOps Engineering Life Cycle (concept, define, build, test, release, deploy and maintain) with the opportunity to drill down into specific technical areas. The individual will also be Responsible for providing centralised strategic toolsets in support of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Well-honed SCM skills and expert understanding of the Software Configuration Management. Ability to perform complex SCM tasks and ability to mentor or train others in the configuration management effort.
- Responsible for the installation and technical administration of CI/CD/DevOps tools and for setting up and maintaining interfaces and secure connections amongst all dev tools.
- Responsible for Design CI/CD processes, in the context of a Dev Tools orchestration, including the usage of automated build, test/QA, and deployment tools.
- Advanced knowledge of JIRA tool and features, with excellent understanding of general administration and configuration to maximize efficiency in using the tool
- Strong understanding of business processes and experience leveraging JIRA to maximize and improve those processes
- Maintain and enhance external interfaces to build systems and stay a breast of the latest in build technologies information
- Design, develop, implement and support high-quality software build systems
- Introduce new techniques and technologies for new build systems and evolve existing systems
- Provide estimates and manage own schedule at component/sub-system level , Manage build machines, servers, and build environments, and understands security concepts and processes for build systems
- Be an advocate of the DevOps Engineering function and solutions
- Advocating continuous improvement through effective retrospectives, recommendations and driving change
Skills & Experience
- Experience in information systems operations environment and Software configuration management activities
- Genuine enthusiasm for excellence in design coupled with an appropriate level of delivery pragmatism
- Solid DevOps experience
- Familiar with Configuration Management concepts, build framework design and architecture
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Gerrit, Jira, Nexus, Sonar, Veracode and Confluence
- Confident in applying analytical skills for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Full life-cycle knowledge (design through delivery and support), Developing and improving CM standards, practices and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines
- Solid Experience of source code management and build tools such as GIT, SVN, Gerrit & Jenkins
- Solid Experience with tools & technologies such as : Jira, Nexus, Sonar, Confluence, Maven, JUnit, JMock, Eclipse, Gradle
- Experience of establishing DevOps processes and tooling
- System administration experience, OS: Linux/ Unix
- Experience using SQL database
- Good experience with common scripting languages including Bash/Shell, Python, groovy
- Experience with Infrastructure orchestration and configuration management tools (such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible, Chef and Docker).
Critical Competencies (skills and abilities required for the role):
- Full lifecycle IT development and payments industry knowledge in union with common modern OO based programming languages and associated middleware, database and Linux based OS products
- Understand and be able to use the most commonly agreed to "best practices" in driving the CI/CD process using DevOps tool sets.
- Willing to consult with developers on technical issues based on in-depth product and technical knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey ideas and offer IT solutions to internal and external stakeholders and support non-technical customers, explain complex IT concepts in simple concise manner.
- Achieving excellence by leading from example and demonstrating a 'can do' positive attitude and approach
- Positive, strong and robust work ethic, taking pride in professionalism, responsibility and highly proactive approach to activity and a keen understanding of Issues.
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Worldpay - do you kn_1489490048
City of London
March 14, 2017
March 14, 2018