Technical Delivery Manager - eCom - Contract
Technical Delivery Manager (Infrastructure) - eCom
Worldpay - do you know who we are? You may or may not, but billions of transactions a year are made using our payments processes, whether via a card machine or online. Our systems enable our customers large and small to process their customers' payments so they can grow their business. This could be your local supermarket where you do your weekly shop or your favourite airline when you book tickets to New York.
Purpose of Role
The primary responsibility of the Technical Delivery Manager is to plan, organise, lead, and control projects or services, or both, in order to deliver the infrastructure solutions for the business to the quality required, within agreed timescales and budgets.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Responsibility for building dedicated eCom Infrastructure and Operations team and for getting it working effectively·
- Plan ahead for resource requirements and liaison with Infrastructure and Operations Resource Managers for deltas against the core team·
- Taking ownership of the delivery in terms of both time and quality (and ensuring dedicated team understand the context of what they're delivering)·
- Ensuring visibility / transparency of progress/risks and issues for all stakeholders
- Input into the wider Infrastructure and Operations continuous improvement plan
- Act as a main point of contact for the Service Led teams in each delivery centre
- Prioritisation of infrastructure and tooling backlog
- Coordinate the various infrastructure and tooling asks from the Gateway Strategy programme
- Direct responsibility for employees, as well as building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Responsible for appropriate People Management activities - e.g. Performance Management of direct reports and such like
- Direct responsibility for Project budgets.
- Required to manage resources (staff, suppliers, and hardware & software) in a cost effective manner, identifying opportunities for cost reduction and having identified follow them through.
- Technical Teams
- Portfolio Managers
- Departmental Management
- Exec Level Managers
- 3rd Party Suppliers
Personal Qualities & Behaviours:
- Results focused/driven
- Customer focused
- Comfortable with taking ownership of issues
- Ability to multi task
- Strong coordination skills
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
City of London
September 5, 2016
September 5, 2017