Service Transition Manager - London
Service Transition Manager - London - Contract
Service Transition, SDLC, ITIL
Worldpay - do you know who we are?
You may or may not know, but billions of money transactions a year are made using our payments processes, whether via a card machine or online. Our systems enable our customers, whether large or small, to process their customer's payments, so they can grow their business. This could be your local supermarket where you do your weekly shop or favourite airline when you book tickets to New York.
Key Purpose of the Role:
- To provide management of the Acceptance into Service process for one or more Projects or Releases through the SDLC and into the production environment, ensuring effective service readiness and operational acceptance has been undertaken.
- To ensure any associated Operational risks are identified and effectively managed, that all the Production Support teams are kept fully informed and that early life support is in place.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate Service Transition and WorldPay processes, making certain that all tasks and resources impacting the existing production environment and organisation are properly assessed, planned and managed.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities to improve the Acceptance in Service process.
Key experience and skills required
- Manage Service Transition activities for one or more projects or releases.
- Manage the transition of new and changed components from the build/development teams to the production support environment, ensuring delivery of solutions that align with the Worldpay Service Management processes and toolsets.
- Determine how new and changed services impact the production environment, ensuring that change and release management activities are authorised via Worldpay Change Management processes.
- Provide a single point of contact between the projects/releases and all Operational functions, ensuring that needs and expectations are met by all parties.
- Ensure that requirements are communicated to all impacted support teams and proactively communicate risks to the production support managers.
- Ensure that the production support organisation can fulfil and meet the business expectations (defined in SLA's / OLA's).
- Ensure capacity and availability of services is being adequately monitored and managed.
- Provide input into any review of the methodology used for transitioning to the production environment.
- Attend the Worldpay SDLC Toll Gate meetings.
- Manage and arrange required workshops, training sessions etc. to ensure effective service readiness, knowledge transfer and support staffing capacity.
- Work in close partnership with the Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) function to ensure OAT evidences full operability of the new service.
- Establish strong relationships with Business and Project Managers.
- Drive enhancements to ongoing operational delivery and support processes.
- Strong ITIL Service Management background - particularly relating to Service Transition, but with sound knowledge and experience of Change Management and Incident and Problem Management.
- Experience of operating in a fast-paced business environment with an emphasis on positive change and adaptive working practices.
- Experience of engaging and building successful relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Strong analysis capability and ability to drive process definition, introduction and improvement.
- Able to independently manage a complex workload, setting and meeting customer expectations with dates and documented actions.
- Excellent documentation skills with an attention to detail.
- Experience of working in complex, large scale, Technology environments ideally within Financial Services.
- Experience of working in a start up or Business Transformation programme with large scale Infrastructure build activities.
- Project Management experience and use of formal Project Life Cycle methodologies.
- Experience in the use of ServiceNow.
- Lean Six Sigma Experience
Worldpay is an independent technology finance business. Once part of a large bank, we are currently going through unprecedented transformation, fuelled by extraordinary growth in the online world and unparalleled investment in our product, people and platforms. Our aim is to be the world's most progressive and reliable payments partner, sharing insights and helping customer's grow their business.
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
March 28, 2017
March 28, 2018