Security Project Manager - London - Contract
Security Project Manager - London - Contract
Project Manager, Security, Data Migration
Worldpay - do you know who we are?
You may or may not know, but billions of money transactions a year are made using our payments processes, whether via a card machine or online. Our systems enable our customers, whether large or small, to process their customer's payments, so they can grow their business. This could be your local supermarket where you do your weekly shop or favourite airline when you book tickets to New York.
Key Purpose of the Role:
- Security Project Manager in Group Technology & Engineering support, lead, control and deliver security initiatives across the Worldpay technical environment through projects valued between £10k-£1mn
- The main area of change for this Security Project Manager will be across the Security Portfolio, working alongside Enterprise Security Team and managing a technical team to deliver new, discrete packages of work
- The role is primarily to lead and direct the design, development and testing of Security solutions to meet business requirements and to ensure benefits are realised.
- Estimate, plan, organise, lead, and monitor work packages in order to deliver the security solutions for the Project Manager and the business to the quality required, within agreed timescales and budgets. Responsible for analysis, development and testing phases of projects assigned to this team.
- Required to define the scope of the project or service; manage technical goals, risks, issues, and resources for your team; and works with the Quality Assurance (QA) team to ensure appropriate QA procedures are applied through the lifecycle.
- Develop and evaluate robust and effective quality controls (release management, document standards, project management documentation) so that system availability and usability is maintained.Effective, assured data migration specialist who can demonstrate the ability to: Define procedures and deliverables for data profiling, data quality assessment and data enrichment processes and perform/assist in carrying these out.Perform in depth data analysis on defects and patterns surfaced during cut over, parallel/equivalence testing, undertaking root cause analysis and articulating findings to the affected stake holders.
- Provide expertise in business and system data reconciliation strategies and execution across multiple test phases.
- Assist in the overall design for a fully joined up, end to end Customer migration progression, across multiple event implementations that deliver a schedule of events to enable execution of the entire process.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead, plan, manage and monitor the project team in the delivery of the design, development and testing (including Operations Analysis) components required, to ensure successful project delivery, to the quality required.
- Span of work is estimation, Work Package Planning & Resourcing, Create, manage, and resource work package plan(s) and associated risks & issues; Provide inputs and escalate to Programme Manager, raise and write up Risks, Issues and Project Status reports; Agree and review plans, costs and resources with the appropriate Programme Manager.
- Success will be measured by having all Projects and deliverables produced in line with project plan(s) to agreed costs and at a good level of quality. Produces and manages formal low level project plans and reports on progress (weekly) to Programme Manager, as well as your direct Line Manager.
- Helps define and address any plan deviations with the technical team.
- Work with other Technical leads to review and support best practices.
- Manage the production of key project deliverables on time and to budget
- Lead, direct and motivate the project team
- Produce with the Business Champion the key documentation that allows Projects to be initiated
- Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiate corrective action where required.
- Manage Project Risks and issues including the development of contingency plans
- Project management experience
- Experience of delivering security initiatives such as DDOS, WAF and monitoring and logging solutions.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate a track record of delivering work to schedule and specification.
- Experience of Financial Services industry "Virtual" Team leadership.
- Excellent Communications skills, written and spoken.
- Understanding Issues.
- Takes ownership and pride in delivery of high quality projects. Does not fail to deliver against accountabilities.
- Builds trust, willing to express opinions in debates, buy into decisions showing commitment and be accountable.
- Excel in ideas generation, evaluation and prioritisation; customer and partner engagement. An advocate for Change, and proactive Change Agent.
- Will have a track record of project delivery in a technical environment
- Should have managed a technical team of at least twenty staff through the whole project life cycle on more than one occasion, or managed a
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
City of London
April 26, 2016
April 26, 2017