Collections Technical Lead
Why is the Technical Lead role the next step for you?
This role is an exciting opportunity working within the Collections team on both BAU and project activities to ensure business readiness for change. You will be the key business contact for specialist knowledge and expert input for Collections & Recoveries processes. You will lead on collating relevant data for both team and departmental outputs to explore impact assessments and identify opportunities to drive change. As change champion you’ll be responsible for ongoing automation work leading processes changes such as, data file transfer, dormant debt, divert, closure, reconciliation& write offs. Ensuring all changes to process, system and strategy are successfully implemented, documented and communicated smoothly within the Collections team and their wider stakeholders. You will supervise the hand off processes ensuring that efficient controls are in place and service level frameworks are adhered to.
How will you add value?
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Day to day management of the collections data processes i.e. Letter/DCA file generation, reporting.
- Act as SME on Collections projects in and outside from BAU.
- Review opportunities for improvement in processes and systems to strive for operational effectiveness
- Provide potential solutions to process and system gaps and follow through to implementation
- Acquire specialist knowledge to provide accurate advice and information to both internal and external sources on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Taking ownership of ideas and recommendations including implementation, and communication of any changes
- Support the effective prioritisation of workload throughout the day to ensure that all service level agreements are adhered, to maximise operational performance
- Escalate and explain issues to the relevant manager to support solutions to be explored and implemented.
- Work as a team player to support the delivery of key objectives and strategies to meet targets
- Coach team on training gaps and errors made throughout the month.
What will make you the ideal candidate?
Ideally, you will have end-to-end collections experience and a working knowledge of acquiring. You should have some awareness of regulation and legislation impacting Collections, including FOS and FCA. You should have an understanding of the team and departmental outputs to explore opportunities to maximise working capital and minimise bad debt risk, such as cash collection.
Technically, you will be proficient in all Microsoft Office packages especially Excel and have a high level of analytical skills and attention to detail. Additionally, you should be able to look beyond the numbers to identify issues and anomalies and put corrective actions in place.
As this role has a high level of interaction across the business you must be able to demonstrate great stakeholder engagement and be confident in communicating at all levels.
You must be able to adopt a flexible approach to respond to platform and business demands, including working hours. You will be organised in your approach with the ability to work as an individual and as a team player.
Manchester / England
Fixed term- Full-time
July 12, 2018