Senior Fraud Analyst
Why is a role in our Transaction Monitoring Fraud team the next step for you?
Our Transaction Monitoring team is responsible for protecting Worldpay and all our Merchants against financial and/or reputational loss by delivering risk education, guidance and support across multiple channels both domestically and globally.
The UK Fraud team are responsible for protecting our customers through the delivery of best in class, intelligent loss mitigation solutions. They make balanced risk-reward decisions in an efficient and controlled environment.
if you enjoy investigations, analysis and have an inquisitive mind for spotting trends, scams and financial risk there is no better time to join us!
How will you add value on a day to day basis?
This role will be responsible for acting as a senior member of the transaction monitoring team, providing expert technical advice to the analysts, acting as the first contact point.
Some of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to
Case investigation and execution
- Act as second-level approver for Brighterion cases submitted by analysts (four eyes concurrence)
- Sanction to agreed letter of authority
- First contact point for risk advice, process guidance, system knowledge and escalation
- Work prioritisation, Case allocation and responsibility to ensure risk is mitigated in line with strategy
- Ownership of all exception reports and processes, ensuring they are completed within SLA
- Fraud consultancy to be provided to both external and internal customers where required
- Input into review, design and implementation of processes, with a focus on continual optimisation
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with key stakeholders
- Deputise for the team leads, as directed
- Improve Colleague Engagement rating by supporting initiatives as directed
- Perform all other reasonable tasks requested by the team leads
What will make you the ideal candidate?
This role requires experience of Fraud risk management in a B2B environment, ideally within Financial Services. You will have familiarity with other risk types including credit risk, money laundering and compliance.
As you will be required to work with large amount of data, you must have experience of working with large volumes of transactions under pressure. You must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal and be able to handle potentially confrontational situations. This role requires someone who has high attention to detail and can ensure consistency ensuring tasks are followed through to completion
Manchester / England
July 4, 2018