Why is our “Linux Engineer" the next step for you?
Worldpay's Linux Engineer responsibilities include Creation of standard engineered builds and blueprints for Linux platform technologies. Driving Linux infrastructure product decisions - which have major and far-reaching impact on the successful use of technology in Worldpay.
How will you add value on a day-to-day basis?
Our Linux Engineer within Worldpay I&O Acquiring Platform Systems. Responsible for the maintenance and support of multiple server environments and live services, to enable Worldpay to provide a highly available enterprise quality service to our merchants and customers, working alongside Infrastructure and Operations teams based in the UK, USA, Romania and Indore.
The Linux Engineer will work with our Design and Engineering, plus development project teams to help improve existing and deliver new application functionality making sure procedures, policies and best practices are kept up to date. Evaluate system performance and produce reports to recommend and implement platforms improvements as appropriate.
What will make you the ideal candidate?
Linux Engineer will Support and administration of Production, Pre Production (PPE) and Test/Development environments. Proactive management of the Worldpay Linux estate and recommendation of measures to improve service delivery to the Worldpay customer base. Ensure that Linux systems are kept as current as possible within business constraints. Evaluate system performance and produce reports to recommend and implement platforms improvements as appropriate. Manage installations and software upgrades to ensure all services are kept as current as possible and that license audit is performed and all licenses are in place.
• 4 Years; RedHat Enterprise Linux / Oracle Enterprise Linux versions 5 and 6 including supporting services such as Bind, Exim and MX.
• 4 Years; Must have scripting and packaging skills, and familiarity with automation and management tools such as Puppet and Ansible.
• Puppet; Experienced in creating/writing new modules and troubleshoot of existing. Strong experience with Puppet & Ansible for estate management.
• Experience of working with Linux in an integrated, virtualised, mixed OS environment.
• Experience of working with a Test/Development, PPE and Production administration life cycle.
• Experienced in patching Linux environment & automation of patch application.
• Extensive experience of administering Linux in a secure environment in a financial institution with regulatory constraints, such as PCI DSS Compliance.
• Familiarity with ITIL service delivery frameworks.)
How is Worldpay changing the world?
We are leaders in modern money. Each and every time you use your debit card or credit card to pay for something, whether online or face-to-face, there’s a good chance it happened because of us. On an annual basis our innovations, systems and technology enable billions of money transactions globally. Working with customers large and small, we help them to take your payments quickly, safely and reliably, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process. As a leader in global Fin-Tech and the largest London IPO since 2011, this is a great time to join us in building for the next phase of the Worldpay journey
Indore / India
Tech and Engineering
June 23, 2018