Why is our Finance Manager role right for you?
Worldpay UK has over 400,000 customers and processes literally billions of transactions annually. With varied individual business and customer lines, having a predictable and well forecasted function is down to the finance function. You will be taking ownership of the month end close process (NOT producing the financial accounts, but reviewing and challenging the accuracy of the information before closing out the books) and generating an insightful and commercial commentary. You will engage with financial and non-financial stakeholders where you will need to apply your outstanding communication and influencing skills. You will also manage one Financial Analyst in this position.
What will I be doing on a day to day basis?
- Being the owner of producing and developing the month-end board level reporting that is timely, reliable and incisive
- Be a key contributor to the forecast/ budgets cycles and 5 year plan, working with members of WPUK Finance and wider business team to deliver reliable projections with insight into trends, opportunities and risks
- Work closely with Financial Reporting, Commercial Finance, Data and FP&A to ensure the validity of financial postings.
- Investigate month end variances and report on findings, taking control of any workstreams that result
- Drive continuous improvement in analytical tools to streamline processes and raise business, financial and commercial analysis towards improving target delivery and forecast accuracy. Document processes.
- Owning areas of the overhead Budget, business partnering members of the UK Executive team on their cost budget, identifying risks and opportunities
- Ensuring delivery of budgets and forecasts summaries to facilitate board review and approval requirements
- Managing the production of the monthly management reporting packs ensuring reports meet business requirements.
- Challenge and review of the Business Unit submissions
- Management of one Finance Analyst
- Ad-hoc analysis to enhance stakeholder understanding of the financials
What will make me right for this role?
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA), ideally with several years post qualification experience and a strong academic track record. You should be able to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal, communication and influencing skills along with a keen eye for detail and a strong commercial acumen.
Where can I find out more about Worldpay?
Our website contains lots of information about our business, our culture and our values so please feel free to visit www.worldpay.com. There are even some links to YouTube videos so that you can get a real feel of what is like to work here as well as information about our products and services. Look forward to seeing your application!
London / England
March 19, 2018