Project Lead- Application Support
Why is our “Project Lead- Application Support“ the next step for you?
Group Technology and Engineering (GTE) is at the heart of everything we do. We are going through unprecedented transformation fuelled by extraordinary growth in the online world and unparalleled investment in our product, people and platforms. We work in a collaborative and supportive way, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
How will you add value on a day-to-day basis?
This Role would be responsible for supporting DS/WPT Application suite in various payment ecosystems from standalone mobile app, POS, Authorisation Api, settlements and reporting portals, App support project lead is responsible to participate in managing support teams to ensure effective solution delivery and manage service transition from core product development teams to application support. Coordinate system recovery, DR and Continues service improvement, also responsible for resolution/ workaround of complicated incident/ problems reported by WPT Technology Operations, Technical Service Desk and Security teams. Project lead is responsible to drive support functions in coordination with TSO and Manager - Application support. Role requires project management experience with understanding of ITIL best practices, also detailed understanding of secure SDLC is essential.
What will make you the ideal candidate?
4+ years of experience managing QA/ Development project management.Experience in Design/Test of mobile, POS and Server based products. Manage DS support SLA, KPI , timely support of incidents and problems, Manage recover call in absence of Recovery Manager. Manage and plan fixes/enhancements in coordination with Release and Change management process. Provide development and mentoring requirements as necessary for product support.
- Work with Dev QA teams, review Test Cases and scenarios during service transition
- The PL will work as part of an WPT Application Support team supporting DS/WPT application offerings in various technology and product ecosystems(Mobile, POS, Authorisation API, settlement and reporting portals
- The PL is required to work as part of a team to seek resolution of production incidents and problems, tracing reoccurrence of incidents and ensure plan is in place for permanent fix.
- The role includes working alongside the WPUK business stakeholders and helping to build a positive profile of the vertical, proactive communication with L1, L2 and Service Manager related to ongoing outage and update progress of resolutions and workarounds.
- Work with team members to resolve any technical problems, coordinate solution with Solution Architects, Infra and DBA teams.
- Participate in PMM, DAB and Release Management meetings. Trace warranty support and support readiness of new service offerings
- Review Quality/Test requirement and design specification.
- Track tasks and contribute to design and development of core task/feature.
- Evaluate and analyse estimates for tasks/features for accuracy and supportability.
- Regularly conduct product presentations to keep Application Support team up-to-date with the latest products and releases.Log Support, service continuity risk and business risk with risk management teams with justifications.
- Project management/ QA test management
- Understanding Web Services (REST/ AXIS 2.0/ SOAP)
- Understanding of databases (Oracle 11g)
How is Worldpay changing the world?
We are leaders in modern money. Each and every time you use your debit card or credit card to pay for something, whether online or face-to-face, there’s a good chance it happened because of us. On an annual basis our innovations, systems and technology enable billions of money transactions globally. Working with customers large and small, we help them to take your payments quickly, safely and reliably, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process. As a leader in global Fin-Tech and the largest London IPO since 2011, this is a great time to join us in building for the next phase of the Worldpay journey
Indore / India
Tech and Engineering
December 13, 2017