12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Are you an aspiring individual looking to take the next step with a business that care about you? Are you looking to be rewarded and recognised for the work you do? If so this may be the perfect role for you:
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team. If you are a detail focused technical project manager with a background in delivering large scale change initiatives within a large complex organisational environment. We are a fast moving business with challenging delivery timescales supported by a rigorous project methodology and a strong governance process. You will be most comfortable occupying a role that sits between business operational management and technology stakeholders and be adept at translating business requirements into system change requests. The projects/programme you will drive will have an impact on our Global ecommerce clients and our Alternative Payments business as well as our Technology Infrastructure and Operations teams.
What can I expect to be doing on a day to day basis?
- Be an agent of change and identify and recommend technical changes to support the business operational agenda.
- Formally request the changes - being mindful of how technology delivers these changes - and then drive / embed the newly devised processes into the business.
- Engage with senior stakeholders within the Business Service Support Centre (Manchester) and within Technology (London)
- Influence the pace of delivery and provide clarity in terms of tracking progress towards achievement of these aims.
- Attend meetings in London (flexibility for travel on a monthly basis required)
- Deliver Exec level reporting around risks & issues, status updates, risk mitigations, project plans, dependencies and benefits realisation.
What will make me right for the role?
- Qualified Project Manager (Prince 2 or Agile PMP) having managed £2m+ programmes/projects of work.
- Demonstrate a strong appreciation of the technical intricacies associated with projects involving technology/systemic changes combined
- Agile communication skills to switch between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Confident ability with the full scope of project report production/delivery
- Previous experience within the Payments / Financial Services industry.
How is Worldpay changing the world?
Operating ahead of the cutting edge of technical innovation within the payments industry, Worldpay is the largest UK payments processing (acquiring) business and the 4th largest globally. Supporting over 300 different payment methodologies across over 100 different currencies it may have been Worldpay that processed that last in-app purchase, covered your morning coffee or pre-booked your next weekend break.
What happens next?
Suitable candidates will be contacted to help us further understand your suitability to our organisation and the role in question. Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview with our Head of Portfolio Management in our Manchester (Spinningfield) office.
Manchester / England
Fixed term- Full-time
September 18, 2017