Development Engineering Practice Lead
Why is our “Development Engineering Practice Lead” the next step for you?
Group Technology and Engineering (GTE) is at the heart of everything we do. We are going through unprecedented transformation fuelled by extraordinary growth in the online world and unparalleled investment in our product, people and platforms. We work in a collaborative and supportive way, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
How will you add value on a day-to-day basis?
The Development Engineering Practice Lead will coach the development teams and those working on maintenance and implementation of the Worldpay Total product in Indore. Through mentoring, nurturing and training they will create multi skilled, cross platform capabilities that will facilitate growth of the development team in creative and innovative ways. They will impose their vision through strategy & execution to equip the development function in Indore with the right staff and skills to support growth. In addition they will provide hands-on support to the development teams as the solution is being built and wider that that understand and adapt the development capability to best meet the strategic product roadmap. They will collaborate with technology teams located in India and globally to drive/deliver platform and product innovation using agile best practices.
What will make you the ideal candidate?
The Development Engineering Practice Lead who will be ensuring we have a development function that provides a joined-up agile and lean application build capability. The will have had exposure in previous roles to development, infrastructure, data, security, designs, delivery of software roadmaps and have practical experience of supporting delivery of the business product roadmaps to drive simplification and technology innovation. To ensure new solutions development initiatives are globally aligned and converge with the engineering strategic roadmap. Also contribute in research & POC’s for newer technologies with continuous improvement of current platforms and technology refactoring efforts. To coach big team of engineers thought there personal career advancement, trainings & manage their 360 degree feedbacks, appraisals and training requirements.
- Help engineering teams to build reusable technical assets, be a coach/mentor to resources on technical challenges, and take care of technical learnings of development resources. Define and implement best practices across development community.
- Interface with product teams to discover, troubleshoot and resolve issues and recommend product enhancements through newer technologies & automation.
- Create and maintain a technical improvement roadmap and act as the advocate in prioritisation discussions with the Group leadership / executives.
- Work across, and within, Development teams, work with Enterprise Architecture and other Principal Engineers to define how their platform will work with other platforms across Worldpay's technical estate and its underlying infrastructure both now and in the future, seeking to ensure that overall costs of ownership are reduced whilst not compromising customer capability
- To coach WorldPay development teams to ensure that solution designs & delivery principles are understood and successfully realised.
- To liaise and interface with on-shore engineering teams, in order to ensure alignment with the global development teams within the Delivery centre for all trainings & best practices.
- Track technology developments and champion the adoption of appropriate tools, technologies and development techniques where they provide real business value and support Worldpay’s continued high growth.
- Find creative ways to implement learning from ideas like Agile, and Continuous Delivery. In addition adopt a Scientific Method in many aspects for leadership, management, delivery and operations
- To implement and operate the technology governance framework in order to assess all projects and initiatives for ‘fit’ against the GTE technology strategy, architecture and policies, working to resolve non-conformance with the project.
- To support technology supplier and product selections in conjunction with the business and other areas of the GTE organisation.
- A deep understanding of software product development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
- Source code control (Git)
- Web Service design (SOAP/WSDL and/or RESTful)
- Experience of designing Enterprise-grade architectures.
- Virtualised Linux deployments
- Atlassian tool set
- Oracle, Performance tools
- Knowledge/practical application of agile methods
- Performance analysis and tuning of distributed multi-tiered Java applications
- Good industry knowledge including: languages, products, open source frameworks.
- Experience in good development practice (CI, unit testing, TDD, agile, etc)
- Experience of database design in large database systems.
- PMP, CSM, SAFe 4.0 SA, ITIL and/or any technical certifications in Java technologies is Preferred.
How is Worldpay changing the world?
We are leaders in modern money. Each and every time you use your debit card or credit card to pay for something, whether online or face-to-face, there’s a good chance it happened because of us. On an annual basis our innovations, systems and technology enable billions of money transactions globally. Worldpay has merged with Vantiv Inc. to create a new global leader in payments. The new Worldpay will have the scale, the reach and the resources to take our success story to another level. This move allows us to expand further into high growth markets, deliver innovation at scale and above all, brings together exceptional talent and a shared passion that will help propel us forward to the next chapter of our collective story.
Our technology enables billions of payments to be made each year whether online or in person. Working with customers large and small we help them to take payments quickly, safely and reliably, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process
Indore / India
Tech and Engineering
February 15, 2018