Why is our “Automation Engineer “ the next step for you?
Group Technology and Engineering (GTE) is at the heart of everything we do. We are going through unprecedented transformation fuelled by extraordinary growth in the online world and unparalleled investment in our product, people and platforms. We work in a collaborative and supportive way, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
How will you add value on a day-to-day basis?
The Oracle DBA will work as part of a team with responsibility for design, development, support, and maintenance of software based solutions that make up WorldPay’s 24/7 online infrastructure. DBA teams are based in London and Cambridge in the UK and Indore. The DBA will work closely with the development, testing and application support teams to maintain and perform code deployments to testing, pre-production and production support environments.The DBA will be expected to contribute to a 24x7 duty rota to support our production systems. The DBA will work with development project teams to help improve existing and deliver new application functionality making sure procedures, policies and best practices are kept up to date
What will make you the ideal candidate?
The I&O Infrastructure Delivery team provide- • Plan, organise, lead, and control the delivery of infrastructure solutions for the business to the quality required, within agreed timescales and budgets. Scope definition of the project or service; manage goals, risks, issues, and resources; and ensure appropriate Quality Assurance procedures are applied through the lifecycle. Planning, management and delivery of Infrastructure services, covering: Data Centre, centrally-provisioned infrastructure services, WAN & LAN, desktops and offices / local infrastructure services. In a number of areas, these services will be built as new systems and services.
• Proven experience in the support of Oracle databases in financial services
• Experience of complex online applications and/or the finance industry
• Demonstrable track record in delivering work to schedule and specification
• Experience of database design in large database systems
• Good knowledge of database security and auditing, along with exposure to PCI-DSS
• Experience of highly available complex online systems
• Design/develop and test small-medium technical changes with little or no supervision to ensure systems are reliable and fit for purpose
• Create technical documentation related to a specific area in order to assist record keeping and share knowledge with others
• Mentor more junior staff to help with their technical development and ensure quality outputs
• Carry out investigations and analyses into relatively complex problems in order to provide solutions for the business
• Liaise and develop relationships with internal and external parties to understand their requirements and develop a consistent approach
• Develop, design and provide suggestions for improvement to technical platforms or working practices, producing a number of options for a problem/change and justifying recommendation for optimal solution in order to met business requirements
• Deliver medium sized projects and review work of more junior staff on small scale projects to support technology initiatives and deliver to time and budget
• To be responsible for managing and maintaining the Oracle database environments from a DBA perspective; to ensure that they are fully supported and fit for purpose paying particular attention to PCI compliance
• To be responsible for managing and maintaining the Oracle database
• Ensure development and testing database environment are kept up to date and are fit for purpose
• Fulfil a 24/7 on-call function on a rotating basis
• Be able to cover UK core working hours on 07:00 GMT to 19:00 GMT
• Provide QA for database designs and code written by developers
• Define, develop and maintain project documentation and database standards
• Help set up new database environments
• Troubleshooting and investigation of production system problems
• Proactively identify improvements and enhancements to systems and processes
How is Worldpay changing the world?
We are leaders in modern money. Each and every time you use your debit card or credit card to pay for something, whether online or face-to-face, there’s a good chance it happened because of us. On an annual basis our innovations, systems and technology enable billions of money transactions globally. Working with customers large and small, we help them to take your payments quickly, safely and reliably, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process. As a leader in global Fin-Tech and the largest London IPO since 2011, this is a great time to join us in building for the next phase of the Worldpay journey
Indore / India
Tech and Engineering
July 4, 2017
September 4, 2017