Operational Risk Analyst
Why is our Operational Risk team the next step for you?
Worldpay is evolving. The FinTech sector is rapidly evolving. To remain as the market leader it is essential that we have a robust risk and control framework in place that supports our growth. That’s where you come in!!
Worldpay’s Risk function supports growth through risk based decision making ensuring that Worldpay achieves their operational aims and objectives. The Operational Risk team is part of the Enterprise Risk Management Function and is responsible for developing, implementing and improving the Group's Operational Risk framework.
This role will support a dedicated business unit to implement a robust Operational Risk Management framework. You will enable the business to maintain their Operational Risk and Control environment, and ensure it is in line with their business model, regulatory requirements and industry good practice.
How will you add value on a day to day basis?
As an Operational Risk Analyst you will be responsible for implementing, managing and improving the Group’s Operational Risk Framework. Some of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Identify process improvement opportunities in the Business Unit key processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise surrounding the Operational Risk Framework.
- Identify training needs and educate assigned colleagues on relevant Operational Risk management concepts and policies.
- Serve as an escalation point for Operational Risk issues.
- Utilise the risk management system data to influence the BU in developing and maintaining their risk and control environments.
- Conduct strategic analysis of risk data to drive management decisions and behaviours.
- Challenge and identified risks/issues ensuring compliance with policy and the Operational Risk Framework.
- Support the wider Risk team and control Self-Assessment reviews to ensure changes to process have been captured and that controls are adequate, effective, sustainable and appropriate.
- Providing inputs and commentary into CRO risk reporting.
What will make you the ideal candidate?
Ideally, you will have at least 1 to 2 years proven experience in an Operational Risk role and a demonstrable understanding of Operational Risk, as well as general knowledge of other Risk disciplines (Regulatory, Fraud and Credit) and how these impact on business performance.
You will have experience in reviewing and analysing information as well as understanding issues and pro-actively finding solutions to drive best practice.
As this role requires a large amount of interaction with stakeholders you must have solid communication and interpersonal skills and the confidence to manage difficult conversations, both internally and externally.
You will be able to influence and build credibility in a positive manner and drive engagement across the business. You will have a high level of commercial acumen and be able to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
Lastly, we are looking for smart, spirited and supportive people who are passionate about our customers and strive to do the right things the right way.
How is Worldpay changing the world?
We are leaders in modern money. Each and every time you use your debit card or credit card to pay for something, whether online or face-to-face, there’s a good chance it happened because of us. On an annual basis our innovations, systems and technology enable billions of money transactions globally. Working with customers large and small, we help them to take your payments quickly, safely and reliably, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process.
Manchester / England
March 21, 2017