Data Migration Specialist - London - Contract
Data Migration Specialist - London
Data Migration, Oracle ODI/EDQ, MQ, SOA
Worldpay - do you know who we are?
You may or may not know, but billions of money transactions a year are made using our payments processes, whether via a card machine or online. Our systems enable our customers, whether large or small, to process their customer's payments, so they can grow their business. This could be your local supermarket where you do your weekly shop or favourite airline when you book tickets to New York.
Reporting to the Migration Lead, the candidate will be an experienced data migration specialist with a record of successful project delivery in Finance industries ideally focussing on card.
The Data Migration specialist will be responsible for the creation of standard engineered builds and blueprints for end user technologies offered by vendors including Microsoft, Citrix, Wyse, Apple, Google and Adobe, and you will drive the product strategy for these technologies across a wide spectrum of project and operational stakeholders. The Data Migration specialist will be responsible for infrastructure product decisions which have major and far-reaching impact on the successful use of end-user technology in Worldpay.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Effective, assured data migration specialist who can demonstrate the ability to:
Assist in the overall design for a fully joined up, end to end Customer migration progression, across multiple event implementations that deliver a schedule of events to enable execution of the entire process.
Define procedures and deliverables for data profiling, data quality assessment and data enrichment processes and perform/assist in carrying these out.
Provide expertise in business and system data reconciliation strategies and execution across multiple test phases.
Perform in depth data analysis on defects and patterns surfaced during cut over, parallel/equivalence testing, undertaking root cause analysis and articulating findings to the affected stake holders.
What Do You Need To Have?
- lead by example and demonstrate a hands-on approach that combines the ability to instruct and lead with capability to perform the tasks at hand in a timely and pragmatic manner with attentiveness to detail
- Extensive data migration experience
- Extensive experience of Card Acquiring
- Data analysis, data validation and data verification skills that withstand robust challenge
- Ability to convert findings into business context
- Highly competent with SQL, able to write simple and complex queries to verify data and perform database comparisons/reconciliations between expected and actual results
- Able to understand technical requirements and present technical data to a non-technical audience
- Data migration toolsets and methodologies
- Development tools/environments: Oracle ODI/EDQ, MQ, SOA
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile/Iterative development approaches
Worldpay is an independent technology finance business. Once part of a large bank, we are currently going through unprecedented transformation, fuelled by extraordinary growth in the online world and unparalleled investment in our product, people and platforms. Our aim is to be the world's most progressive and reliable payments partner, sharing insights and helping customer's grow their business.
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
April 26, 2016
April 26, 2017