Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst - London
[Senior BA, Business Analyst , Agile, global projects, client facing, BDD, BPMN, financial services, CRM, mobile apps]
Key Purpose of the Role:
The business analysis function seeks to provide professional analytical skills within the change lifecycle. The aim is to translate business opportunities into detailed requirements that will deliver the prescribed benefits to the agreed budget, time and quality. This role adds value by being the most efficient conduit between the business requester and the providers of the capabilities.
The main functions of this role are to understand the business need, to elicit, analyse, agree and document the requirements, and to maintain their integrity, from idea conception through to deployment. The business analyst will liaise with the project team to ensure the needs of the organisation are understood, met fully at all levels and will support other functional areas in the completion of their tasks.
- Lead project stakeholders in exploring the business need by facilitating interviews and workshops to identify changes to business processes and/or new processes.
- Clearly define a comprehensive set of high level business requirements ensuring these meet quality standards.
- Work with the business stakeholders and project manager to create a shared understanding of the scope and drivers for the change.
- Work with the business and designers to document high level solutions, assess the suitability, cost and risk of each and recommend an option to the Project Sponsor.
- Elicit detailed requirements using appropriate techniques for the stakeholders (e.g. workshops, interviews, document reviews), ensuring all requirements are prioritised to aid delivery phasing.
- Documents requirements in the form of a BRD or user stories as defined by the project methodology.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop acceptance criteria.
- Provide detailed estimates for BA activities.
- Validate design and test deliverables against the requirements.
- Manage traceability of requirements throughout the development lifecycle.
Act as Cross Discipline Liaison
- Act as the change conduit between the Business and Technology, answering queries and facilitating negotiations about compromise and change.
- Interact with the Project Sponsor to understand the business roadmap.
- Interact with the Architecture/Design teams to ensure requirements and proposed solutions are aligned with the technical roadmap.
- Work with the Development and Testing teams to ensure they understand the business requirements, representing the business perspective and championing the requirements.
- Interact with Operations and Production teams to ensure operational understanding of a project's impact and ensure readiness for deployment.
- Work with the wider business analysis team to ensure that the team is following best industry practice including updating BA methodologies, processes and deliverables.
- Plan and schedule own work effectively and within the context of overall resourcing demands.
- Produce progress reports where appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism to promote credibility and integrity in relation to the business analysis function.
- Experience of working with an agile methodology as a business analyst.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of business analysis across a variety of projects.
- Experience of working on more than one project deliverable concurrently.
- Requirements elicitation, including facilitating requirements gathering through interviews and workshops, gaining agreement on requirements.
- Experience of negotiating and assisting the business with prioritising requirements.
- Ability to compile and manage estimates and to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders at all organisational levels.
- Strong team leadership skills with the ability to co-ordinate input from different areas.
- Process mapping.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Ability to grasp complex information very quickly.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, can build relationships quickly.
- Excellent writing skills, with a good grasp of the English language.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent logical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to compile concise estimates and indicative costs from various technical and non technical sources, often to a tight deadline.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications inc. Visio, Project etc.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of outputs.
Worldpay - Do you know who we are?
You may or may not, but billions of money transactions a year are made using our payments processes via card machines and online. Our systems enable our customers, large and small, to process their customers' payments so they can grow their business. This could be your local supermarket where you do your weekly shop or favourite airline when you book tickets to New York
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
City of London
June 8, 2016
June 8, 2017