Accounts Payable Assistant - Manchester
Accounts Payable Assistant - 3 month+ contract
When did you last use your debit card? Was it this morning to buy a coffee? Perhaps you filled your car with petrol? How about an online payment? Whether a major or minor purchase, chances are that Worldpay managed the transaction without you even knowing.
We are a financial technology company, not banking, or pure financial services. Our working environment is not quite Google or Amazon (no slide or beanbags in the office yet), but you'll see from our offices and people that we don't have the culture of a big corporate behemoth either.
We have been around since 1989 and have grown to be the largest business of our type in the UK & Europe. Many of the biggest brands in the world use our services and so do some of the smallest companies - We process millions of online payments every day across a range of companies, from small family run firms to large multi-nationals.
Our Manchester office just keeps expanding! We have taken another floor in the building and are expanding many of our teams - including Accounts Payable.
We now have 3 vacancies and the job responsibilities include:
- Processing of invoices in line with Worldpay purchase 2 pay process and compliance to purchase order systems.
- Payment of invoices in line with Worldpay payment terms and practices.
- Account for the correct treatment of VAT on invoices.
- Active clearance of queries received by the team.
- Working with the business to address invoices on hold and resolve key issues.
- Production of monthly statement reconciliations for key accounts with clear action plans to address any issues.
- Rejection of invoices in line with Worldpay policy.
- Participation in ad-hoc projects to assist the AP Manager.
- Ensuring scanned images are available for all invoices processed.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are kept up to date.
- Ensuring all documentation is archived in line with Worldpay guidelines.
- Management of daily post into the department.
Skills & Experience
To be successful and effective in the role and be up to speed quickly, we are looking for relevant previous experience of Accounts Payable invoice processing including three way matching, invoice holds and payment enquiry across multiple ledgers.
It would be great if you have Oracle experience, however not many too companies locally use Oracle R12 so we will be keen to see R11i or previous use of a similar system such as SAP
Other experience we'd like to see includes:
- Making online bank payments.
- Statement reconciliations.
- Problem solving and resolution.
- Maintaining relationships with key suppliers.
We've got a great office in the heart of Spinningfields so if you have the experience and want to find out more about our working culture, apply today!
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
December 12, 2016
December 12, 2017