Linux Administrator (London or Cambridge)
[Linux administrator, Linux engineer, Puppet, RHCE, RHCSA, Ansible, RPM, Squid, Apache, Bind, Exim, Git]
As a member of the Linux Services team and Platform Services, you will be required to build, maintain and support multiple server environments and live services, to enable Worldpay to provide a highly available enterprise quality service to our merchants and customers. Our infrastructure and operations teams are based in the UK, US and Indore.
Linux Engineer will be working 40 hours per week from Monday - Friday with possible flexibility to work from 7 am or alternatively till 7 pm to support our production systems. This time frame is flexible.
The Linux Engineer will work with our Design and Engineering, plus development project teams to help improve existing and deliver new application functionality making sure procedures, policies and best practices are kept up to date.
- Support and administration of Production, Pre Production (PPE) and Test/Development environments.
- Proactive management of the Worldpay Linux estate and recommendation of measures to improve service delivery to the Worldpay customer base.
- Ensure that Linux systems are kept as current as possible within business constraints.
- Evaluate system performance and produce reports to recommend and implement platforms improvements as appropriate.
- Produce and maintain relevant technical and operational documentation.
- Provide effective cover for other members of the data Linux as required during absence.
- Rapid response to and resolution of Worldpay Linux incidents.
- Execution of authorised and controlled change for Worldpay Linux changes.
- Management and implementation of upgrades to services.
- Fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Escalation of critical issues in accordance with relevant process and procedures.
- Deliver services to agreed Service Level and Operating Level Agreements.
- Work with the Worldpay Enterprise Architecture team to help evaluate and recommend products to improve the availability of services.
- Participation in 24x7 on-call rota and be available for out-of-hours work as required.
- Participate in discretionary projects/engineering tasks as agreed.
- Development and automation of services processes and procedures.
- Manage installations and software upgrades to ensure all services are kept as current as possible and that license audit is performed and all licenses are in place.
- Manage the configuration and operation of Worldpay Linux services.
- Ensure that Worldpay Information Security policies and guidelines are adhered to for all platform services.
- Interface and maintain relations with other Worldpay IT teams.
- Deliver reporting on Linux performance metrics.
- 4 Years; RedHat Enterprise Linux / Oracle Enterprise Linux versions 5 and 6 including supporting services such as Bind, Exim and MX.
- 4 Years; Must have sscripting and packaging skills, and familiarity with automation and management tools such as Puppet and Satellite.
- Puppet; Must be able to create/write modules and troubleshoot of existing. Strong experience with Puppet & Hiera for estate management.
- Experience of working with Linux in an integrated, virtualised, mixed OS environment.
- Experience of working with a Test/Development, PPE and Production administration life cycle.
- Extensive experience of administering Linux in a secure environment in a financial institution with regulatory constraints, such as PCI DSS Compliance.
- Familiarity with ITIL service delivery frameworks
- Understanding of capacity, disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Understanding of virtualised environments such as VMWARE or HyperV.
- Understanding of Hadoop / big data technologies/platforms.
- Understanding of Ansible
- Working in a 'DevOps' environment
Skills and Abilities:
- Good organisation and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with methodical approach to fault resolution.
- Ability to develop relationships with other Worldpay Technical and business groups.
WorldPay provides a globally connected, locally coordinated Card Payment Processing service for business both large and small. Quite simply, we help businesses around the world to collect payments, using a swift, secure electronic payment solution. We operate in more than 40 countries - and today, we're one of the leading independent providers of safe payment services globally.
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
May 24, 2016
May 24, 2017