Application Support Engineer
[Application support, Internet application support, ITIL, SQL, Powershell, ASP.Net, ISS7, HTML]
Key Purpose of the Role:
Worldpay Alternative Payments provide the technology that powers Alternative Payments Solutions for some of the worlds biggest names. Alternative Payment Methods are the growing faster than credit cards in many parts of the world and Worldpay leads the way in accepting these methods.
Worldpay Alternative Payments has been a member of the Worldpay family since 2011 and previously operated as Envoy Services. We have a rapidly growing team of developers, testers and support engineers based in our London offices who deliver the eCommerce APM solution.
The engineer will work as part of this team assisting in automating the application deployment and supporting Worldpay's online Alternative Payment processing platform. This role requires the engineer to work to see resolution of production incidents. Worldpay uses agile development methods and an ITIL framework for support; practical experience of these would be an asset.
* Deliver reliable, resilient deployment scripts for the WPAP platform in Microsoft Powershell
* Create and update production support documentation
* Proactively identify improvements to processes and systems.
* Support BAU release activities
* Ensuring the WPAP platform is 100% available and stable
* Troubleshooting and investigating production system problems
* Day to day maintenance of the application environment
* Support of Business Continuity events.
* Produce well structures, reliable & maintainable production fixes at an accepted level of quality and speed.
* Occasionally take part in projects
* Experience in an application support role to third line level.
* Degree-level education in an appropriate subject or equivalent experience
* Experience of complex internet applications
* Experience using database systems in large environments
* Experience in an ITIL aligned environment
* Microsoft Powershell
* Transact SQL
* IIS 7 or above
* Windows Server 2008
* ASP.Net (3.5+ - at least 2 years)
* Source control
Worldpay - Do you know who we are?
You may or may not, but billions of money transactions a year are made using our payments processes via card machines and online. Our systems enable our customers, large and small, to process their customers' payments so they can grow their business. This could be your local supermarket where you do your weekly shop or favourite airline when you book tickets to New York
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
City of London
April 26, 2016
April 26, 2017